Friday, October 7, 2011

08.10.11

Since the last post,a lot of deep thinking has been done. Mostly about life (I continue to be in the mode) and where am I headed? We hear about sucess and hard work and the direct relation of the two. I know some of these sucess stories up close and personally. My dad being one of them. His hard work,determination and the will to go get it is astounding. I don't say this because he's my dad,the hero figure of my life. He has proven himself time and again. Started from literally rags to the riches today. He's silenced his critics, not once lashed back at them. Only proved himself on his mettle. I pride myself on being his daughter. The eldest one. They know him,the world. Ever since I have realized the meaning, the grandeur of sucess and the perks that come with it, I have always equated it to dad's story.

However, I don't know how right I am when I say it. Maybe with time, my opinion will change and I will know this opinion was only a thought for the struggling years.So, they say-nothing grows under a banyan tree. Dad is my banyan tree. I really hope time will change my opinion. Today anything I do has a direct comparison to him. The pressure is absurd sometimes, but who doesn't have pressures to deal with? I take this one as my pressure and deal with it in my own way or don't deal with it at all. The next 3 months will truly test my capacity to endure the struggles that come with growing under someone who has achieved the skies and strives to achieve beyond.

Not like I don't always but today has been a day of great thankfulness. Had an hour long talk with two of my favorite girlfriends and like every time, I find a new found realization to the extent of my love for them. There is a lot to learn every time I speak with them. My gal palfrom college,S and I don't speak as often as we used to. We used to be in the same college,same city. After college life has moved her to a city close by. We don't speak very often but every time we do, we are at it for at least an hour. We are two different people with very similar traits. I don't know if that makes sense,but that is what it is. I feel our small group of 6 actually has 6 very different people but we bond and boy! we are fun.

With a lot of happiness, I wish for a happier post the next time.

-MissRascal

No comments:

Post a Comment