What is it about fierce loyalty that I adore? Every relationship I share with an individual, parents, sister, family, friends, girlfriends, acquaintances, love has strongly relied on loyalty. No, not from the other party. From myself. Over the years I have realized unless I feel a sense of loyalty towards an individual, they never really make it to my close circle. That is probably why the close circle is small and tight. I love meeting new people and socializing to its hilt. However, I could count on my fingers, how many would know me.know me. I am fiercely loyal to the ones I care for. There have been times when I could have followed an herd and walked away from some, I couldn't. Back in school, I could never understand why I didn't hate the most hated girl in class. Every year there'd be a new one. Every year, the entire class would avoid her till they found a new one. One of those years, it happened to be my best friend. A class of 30, one fine morning decided, she was 'the one' and that was followed by all the taunting and teasing. M and I were the thickest of friends. Somewhere still are. That one year I heard some of the worst things about M and I avoided all of it. It took a lot for a 13 year old, trust me. Before long, the class put two girls for that year. Yes, M and I made it to the list together. Why I? Because I was too fiercely loyal to sit around and talk about her the way everyone did.
Loyalty, for me has never been about proving the bond. I never expected it and I am not sure how much I express it. However, there are moments, gestures, words even actions, thoughts that silently scream loyalty. (Intentionally applied oxymoron) I found that bond within my close knit of loved ones. How one can prove loyalty by spoken words, I am yet to discover.
Eons later, I find myself at a point where I feel like I need to prove my loyalty. It has been questioned, by a loved one. As much as I'd like to prove it, I am not sure, like I mentioned how to go about proving it by words.
It has to be felt and it has to come from within. Slut? Me? No Sire, I couldn't be. Never was, Not am, Never will be. I am the loyalty police and no sire if you haven't understood the fierceness within this period, it may take you a lifetime.
Miss Rascal.
Loyalty, for me has never been about proving the bond. I never expected it and I am not sure how much I express it. However, there are moments, gestures, words even actions, thoughts that silently scream loyalty. (Intentionally applied oxymoron) I found that bond within my close knit of loved ones. How one can prove loyalty by spoken words, I am yet to discover.
Eons later, I find myself at a point where I feel like I need to prove my loyalty. It has been questioned, by a loved one. As much as I'd like to prove it, I am not sure, like I mentioned how to go about proving it by words.
It has to be felt and it has to come from within. Slut? Me? No Sire, I couldn't be. Never was, Not am, Never will be. I am the loyalty police and no sire if you haven't understood the fierceness within this period, it may take you a lifetime.
Miss Rascal.
No comments:
Post a Comment