Memorable liners from some of the best movies I have watched. Part I perhaps.
Notting Hill (Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant)
Anna Scott: After all... I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
Anna Scott: Can I stay for a while?
William: You can stay forever.
Bella: The more I think about things, the more I see no rhyme or reason in life. no one knows why some things work out and some things don't. Why some of us are lucky and some of us get...
William: You'd go and I'd be... well buggered, basically.
P.S. I Love You (Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler)
Patricia: I bet you've had a hard time walking into a room full of people on your own, right? Yeah. I know that. I know what it is, not to feel like you're in the room, until he looks at you or touches your hand or even makes a joke at your expense, just to let everyone know... you're with him. You're his.
Gerry Kennedy: What do you want? I know what I want, cause I'm holding it in my hands.
27 Dresses (Katherine Heigl, James Marsden)
Kevin: You'd rather focus on other people's Kodak moments than make memories of your own!
Kevin: Love is patient, love is kind, love means slowly losing your mind.
Along Came Polly (Jennifer Aniston, Ben Stiller)
Irving Feffer: It's not about what happened in the past, or what you think might happen in the future. It's about the ride, for Christ's sake. There is no point in going through all this crap, if your are not going to enjoy the ride. And you know what... when you least expect something great might come along. Something better then you even planned for.
Reuben Feffer: Since we have been together I have felt more uncomfortable, out of place, embarassed, and just physically sick then I have in my entire life. But I could not have gone through that, I could not have thrown up 19 times in 48 days if I was not in love with you.
Kate and Leopold (Meg Ryan, Hugh Jackman)
Leopold: Ah yes, you mock me. But perhaps one day when you've awoken from a pleasant slumber to the scent of a warm brioche smothered in marmalade and fresh creamery butter, you'll understand that life is not solely composed of tasks, but tastes.
Stuart: Maybe the reason I was your guy was so I could help you find your guy.
Kate: And... it's a great thing to get what you want. It's a really good thing unless what you thought you wanted wasn't really what you wanted... because what you really wanted you couldn't imagine or you didn't think it was possible but what if someone came along who knew exactly what you wanted without asking they just knew... like they could hear your heart beating or listen to your thoughts and what if they were sure of themselves and they didn't have to take a poll and they loved you... but you hesitated and I... uh... I have to go... I'm sorry but... I have to go!
Notting Hill (Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant)
Anna Scott: After all... I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
Anna Scott: Can I stay for a while?
William: You can stay forever.
Bella: The more I think about things, the more I see no rhyme or reason in life. no one knows why some things work out and some things don't. Why some of us are lucky and some of us get...
William: You'd go and I'd be... well buggered, basically.
P.S. I Love You (Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler)
Patricia: I bet you've had a hard time walking into a room full of people on your own, right? Yeah. I know that. I know what it is, not to feel like you're in the room, until he looks at you or touches your hand or even makes a joke at your expense, just to let everyone know... you're with him. You're his.
Gerry Kennedy: What do you want? I know what I want, cause I'm holding it in my hands.
27 Dresses (Katherine Heigl, James Marsden)
Kevin: You'd rather focus on other people's Kodak moments than make memories of your own!
Kevin: Love is patient, love is kind, love means slowly losing your mind.
Along Came Polly (Jennifer Aniston, Ben Stiller)
Irving Feffer: It's not about what happened in the past, or what you think might happen in the future. It's about the ride, for Christ's sake. There is no point in going through all this crap, if your are not going to enjoy the ride. And you know what... when you least expect something great might come along. Something better then you even planned for.
Reuben Feffer: Since we have been together I have felt more uncomfortable, out of place, embarassed, and just physically sick then I have in my entire life. But I could not have gone through that, I could not have thrown up 19 times in 48 days if I was not in love with you.
Kate and Leopold (Meg Ryan, Hugh Jackman)
Leopold: Ah yes, you mock me. But perhaps one day when you've awoken from a pleasant slumber to the scent of a warm brioche smothered in marmalade and fresh creamery butter, you'll understand that life is not solely composed of tasks, but tastes.
Stuart: Maybe the reason I was your guy was so I could help you find your guy.
Kate: And... it's a great thing to get what you want. It's a really good thing unless what you thought you wanted wasn't really what you wanted... because what you really wanted you couldn't imagine or you didn't think it was possible but what if someone came along who knew exactly what you wanted without asking they just knew... like they could hear your heart beating or listen to your thoughts and what if they were sure of themselves and they didn't have to take a poll and they loved you... but you hesitated and I... uh... I have to go... I'm sorry but... I have to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment