Monday, May 6, 2013

Sleep tight little one

Two years of my Rishi Valley (boarding school) years, I had absolutely despised the sight of a Junior, 4 years junior to my batch. Just his small round fat frame with those big balloon cheeks and eyes that shone with mischief would put me off. And as was chalked out, he didn't like me either. The little brat. He would often walk right into the 'batik' class and dip his hands in the boiling wax and smirk. Yea? No big deal, I know. We all did it. But he would do it like he was trying to prove how macho his little frame was. UGH I couldn't stand him. We often exchanged dirts. I referred to him as 'Rituraaaaaaaj'. See! Just the way I said it, would tick him off further.

By the end of my stay at Rishi Valley, he grew by two years. Not only did he get leaner and taller, but he also got more bearable. We did stop shooting dirts. After I left, I would see him on facebook. Not that we were in touch or even on each other's friend's list. But, via mutual friends, I did know he was doing very well for himself and he was on the brink of dawning a Top Chef Hat. Often, wondered what it would have been to really get to know the little brat.

Today, as I logged in to facebook and as usual randomly liked a few things on the timeline and scrolled down to Rishi Valley news, there it was. A father (Only god, and I mean it. Only god knows, how he must have mustered the courage) posted a line about his son passing away yesterday(05-05-13). Broke me. Rituraj is no more. I don't know what happened and I don't know why it happened. My fingers shivered mailing his dad my condolences.

I want to yell my lungs out and truly  mean it when I say, I wish I could have given him my life. That boy was a wonder. I knew him when I was 14, he must have been 10. This was just no time for a wonder to be snatched away from the world we have made today.

I hope his devilish grin keeps all of paradise charmed and I hope he cooks finger licking delicacies. May be someday, when we all get there, RV-iets would have a little re union and he would perhaps like to treat us with his goodies. Till then, Rest In Peace little one. You will be missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment