To feel such happiness within seconds is unbelievable. For me such happiness really arises only when it involves some crazy feat by family or me myself. That goose-bumpy, tummy in knots feeling when one of us achieved something we dearly wanted. My explanation for such a feeling is simple, when we have a common goal and we see how much this means to the other person, knowingly or unknowingly you're channeling all your wishes in hoping they achieve what they want. And none of that is felt unless, the person is closest to your heart, where in your happiness lies in theirs and theirs in yours.
This evening was one such moment for me. One phone call later, I was lying in bed, staring at the roof and not knowing what to do about all the happiness I couldn't contain. Was I to yelp in joy, shed happy tears or what? Then I met him and heard of the achievement from the horse's mouth himself. Sigh! Such sheer happiness.
Of course I never doubted his capabilities and like everyone who knows him, I know he's headed places. Yes, it is normal to try and fail and be disappointed over the failure time and again. The thing about achieving something after having failed multiple times is, the win is so much more sweeter and all the struggle seems so much more worth it.
One of the major milestones,among the many many to come, I hope each of them is crossed with greater success and gain. I can't wait to experience all those tummy knotted happy moments of his future achievements and to see the happiness, twinkle in his caramel brown eyes.
*clink clink* to knowing my happiness lies in his.
No comments:
Post a Comment